Wherever you are in your career, the Institute of Event Management and its members will support and inspire you to achieve your full potential.
The routes to membership are via:
- Endorsement of an existing qualification
- Experiential route taking account of work roles and years of service
- “on the job” training
- via the Apprenticeship route
- work based learning
The main benefits of membership are:
Professional membership demonstrates that you meet the IEM’s rigorous standards and criteria for best practice in Event Management.
It gives you a competitive edge in the job market, helping you to meet your career objectives.
For those who have been in the industry for many years without qualifications [because they did not exist] membership of the Institute of Event Management can be a benefit in demonstrating your competence to the world.
As the professional body for Event Management, we have a strong interest in the professional development of our members. That is why we helped create the Event Management Functional Map, which shows you what you need to know and do at every stage of your career to represent best practice in Event Management or development.
Membership of IEM is a great way to network with like-minded professionals. You can take part in our special interest groups (Conferences, Exhibitions, Outdoor Events and Festivals)
IEM also has a strong social community with a member-only LinkedIn group and open access through our Twitter, Facebook and YouTube pages.
Member services and resources
The Global Meetings and Events Industry is complex. To aid its members gain a better understanding of career development opportunities, make the right decisions and connections, the Institute of Event Management is:
- building a resource base to create a better understanding of Meetings and Events
- linking with the organisations which support the industry worldwide
- working with education and training providers to create new courses
- providing information on the ISOs and Global Reporting Initiative on Sustainable Event Management.
Partnerships with Professional Bodies
The Institute of Event Management Executive Board has already recognised the value of working in partnership with a range of other professional bodies and is engaging with the following organisations in the development of education, training and professional qualifications.
- CIM Chartered Institute of Marketing
- CMI Chartered Management Institute
- CIPD Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- CIPR Chartered Institute of Public Relations
- CIPS Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- IOSH Institution of Occupational Safety and Health